Dr. Aguilera is committed to utilizing the latest advanced techniques at our Newport Beach dental center. We are proud to offer the Invisalign® system for the ultimate in inconspicuous orthodontics. This technique uses clear aligners to make gradual movements in the teeth without wires, brackets, or bands, and it can be most effective for patients who do not need significant adjustments.
Invisalign® offers a unique advantage to patients seeking to correct misaligned teeth, overbites, underbites, crossbites, and teeth crowding. With Invisalign®, treatment is discreet and can be removed while eating, drinking, brushing, and flossing. Plus, treatment is often faster and less expensive when compared to traditional metal braces. Invisalign® utilizes a system of clear plastic teeth aligners that are custom-made for your teeth. After wearing the initial set for about two to three weeks, we will switch out the aligners for the next in the series. Each set of aligners is slightly modified from the one before in order to gradually bring your teeth into a more desirable position. Invisalign® is typically more comfortable and much less noticeable than traditional braces, and doesn’t require as many repeat office visits for maintenance.
Benefits of Invisalign®
Some of the benefits of the Invisalign® system may include:
- Effectively treats a wide variety of cases, including crowding, spacing, crossbite, overbite and underbite.
- Straightens your teeth.
- Allows you to eat whatever foods you enjoy.
- Lets you remove the device when you want.
- Lets you enjoy virtually invisible teeth-straightening.
- Allows you to brush and floss your teeth normally for better periodontal health.
- Consists of smooth, comfortable plastic instead of sharp metal that is more likely to irritate your cheeks and gums.
- Frees up your busy schedule, with office visits only every four to six weeks.
- Invisalign Teen® provides up to six free replacement aligners if lost or broken.